The Prison tower in Strzelce Krajeńskie
The prison tower in Strzelce Krajeńskie, built at the end of the 13th century, was part of the city's defensive walls, nearly 2 km long, part of which has survived to this day. The lower part was made of stones and the higher parts were made of bricks. The building is located in the northwestern part of the city. In the 17th century a prison was created there, and in the following years a gunpowder magazine. In 1783, next to the tower, a fire gate was built in the wall, serving as an emergency exit. The legend according to whose tower was walled up with a woman accused of witchcraft and contact with the devil. From that moment, ghosts and witches scared the passers-by. That is why a witch figurine was placed on the wall of the tower.